Thursday, August 27, 2009

And Stuff

I bought new flip-flops! To wear in the public showers.

My sister now lives were there are wild chicken and iguannas -- iguanni? in her lawn.

I just read this book written in 1768 that is partly "good moral instruction" and partly people "falling onto the floor insensible". It made me partly contemplative and partly laugh hysterically. I should copy out a good paragraph. It was written by one Christof Von Schmid and translated from the German.

I also just read All Quiet on the Western Front, which is a really good book if you'd like to know how to deter rats or cook horseflesh. Very interesting perspective on World War II.

Also, I just read a book called Under the Glacier which, fankly I don't feel qualified to talk about. It was altogether weird or surreal. Maybe if I were from Iceland I'd understand it.

And I read this book called The Piano Tuner. I haven't formed an opinion about it yet. It was pretty surreal in places too. Made me want to travel.

I just had really happy chocolate chip cookies. They are already gone.

I took Rosie and Davy, my siblings, to see Romeo and Juliet. At first Davy was a bit apprehensive ("They aren't both played by guys, are they?"), but afterward he went around biting his thumb at people, so I think it was a big success.

In case you wondered, summer was dope. Altogether perfect and enjoyable. I kinda miss it. School is nice too though.

4 comments:

A Day in my World said...

where those happy chocolate chips the ones I made???

Melissa Phelps said...

Yup. They so are. were.

That Girl In Switzerland said...

Biting his thumb at people! Truly, you've done well, Mel.

TKB said...

public showers...bah!

(those will probably never be missed -- the "probably" leaves room for the off chance that I end up in a country where I would gladly take them...)