Thursday, December 18, 2014

Reading Goals

In 2013 my goal was to read 100 books. My final tally was 121.
In 2014 my goal for 150 books. I have read 160 so far.
For 2015 I want something more structured than just a number to work towards.  I came up with a list of personal reading goals, based in part on these two lists from BookRiot and Popsugar.

Here's what I came up with:
  • A book of more than 500 pages
  • A book I started and never finished
  • A drama
  • A book translated from another language
  • A book I own but never read
  • A Pulitzer, Man Booker, or Natioanal Book award winner
  • A memior
  • A historic nonfiction book
  • A book set somewhere I'd like to visit
  • A book published before 1900
  • A nonfiction book published after 2000
  • A Shakespeare drama
  • A book recommended by a friend
  • A collection of short stories
  • A book set in Africa, or by an African author
  • A book set in Asia, or by an Asian author
  • A book by someone under the age of 30
  • A book by someone over the age of 65
  • A collection of poems
  • A self-improvement book
  • A Christmas book
  • A book of philosophy
  • A classic novel
  • A biography
  • A professional development book
  • A church classic
Does anyone have a recommendation for other goals I could make, or books I should read?

No comments: