Monday, January 5, 2009

What's Up?

People keep asking. I'm referring them here, to my blog.

I just read Til We Have Faces (brilliant).
Now I'm reading The Day Christ Died (an old favorite).
Christmas was wonderful. Peace and goodwill and all that.
I got this totally dope new journal.
And I finally got a winter coat. Plaid. On sale. Yes, I love my therapy. *Clap clap*
God is teaching me to wait on Him and depend completely on Him.
I'm getting over being sick. I'm almost well.
Student teaching begins Jan 12th.
*Pause -- Mel gasps for breath*
My current favorite songs are Sticking with You, Yellow Submarine, and Come On-A My House. Subject to change at any given moment, whim or impulse.
I'm so excited to be jogging again. Greasy, if you cop out, you owe me big time!

My passage for this semester (who knows? Maybe the rest of my life):

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say, rejoice! Let your forbearing spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:4-7 NASB

Are you happy, Ryan?

5 comments:

Lil Joe... said...

FYI:
Yellow Submarine is a wonderful favorite to have.
Also, I am not going to cop out tomorrow, however, I am up late and I just blogged.
For you.
And Ryan.

Stupid Blogging occult.
What's worse? HE didn't even blog anything new.
FYI: that was dissapointing. lol

That Girl In Switzerland said...

COME ON-A MY HOUSE, MYY HOUSE, I'M GONNA GIVE YOU PEACH AND PEAR AND I LOVE YOUR HAIR, AH!

Be anxious for nothing...that should stand you in good stead while student teaching!

Ta, daahling

Alanna said...

Aww-your post was so "Mel-like" - you make me smile! :P Great passage - I may just have to make it my own too. BTW - your students are going to be so thankful they got you for a student teacher - you'll do awesome!

Unknown said...

Lol, I didn't know I had so much power! I made two people blog in one evening :) And, J, may it be noted, I have blogged! Let the vicious cycle continue...

Sam said...

Blast! Reading your blog will get Yellow Submarine stuck in my head again. THANKS! gr.

Keep clapping, and smiling and breathing and all that...