Saturday, February 28, 2009

Stuff of Life

You will all be saddened to know... Usher is no longer with us. I fed the four fish recently and Usher refused to eat. How does one encourage a fish to eat? Is it like the proverbial horse led to water? The following morning when I looked in the tank I was horrified to see his lifeless body floating around to the current of the tank. I noticed that his black scales have a golden sheen to them.
I sigh to myself every time I feed Hogan, Chauncey and Gussy. I guess that's what I get for naming Usher after a Poe character.

Lately I've been through many rough drafts. Some were really rough. Some were harsh mistrals. Some were hurricane-force gales. And then there was the occasional refreshing zephyr. I think I've graded around sixty of them.

I made an interesting discovery tonight. In a drawer of the ER greeter desk I found some crayons in a biohazard speciman bag. I laughed.

Today I sat in front of an autumn landscape by McEntee, near Marriage of Hiawatha noticing the somber blue tones of the walls. No, I don't find it abnormal to notice the wall color in an art museum. I looked through the door toward the cheery yellow PNC gallery, where I would be shortly. May is coming. I want a holiday.

1 comment:

Sam said...

You mean you didn't have a funeral ceremony for Usher? I am ashamed of you.

And what's this of going to the art museum? How come you never invited me?*

-Sam