Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Surfing Discovery

MarieClare, a relationship and celebrity gossip magazine, recently published an interesting interview called Holy Sex: Dating the Evangelical Way (Don't ask me why the picture of the pope is there, I have no idea). Oddly enough, this article was published alongside their blog called, "Living Flirtatiously" and an article, "The Surprising Pill that Saved my Sex Life." Before any of you doubt my morals or intelligence, I'd like you to know this was my first visit to the MarieClare site. I found the interview while reading reviews of Kevin Roose's book The Unlikely Disciple: A Sinner's Semester at America's Holiest College (which I'm excited to read).

Quick update: Author Kevin Roose decided to take a break from attending Brown University and see what really goes on at an evangelical school, and write about it. He attended Liberty University, and the result is the aforementioned book.

When I first heard of The Unlikely Disciple, I was prepared for the book to be full of criticisms and misunderstandings of evangelical Christians. But here's a quote from an NPR article about Roose.

"Even though he's back at Brown, Roose still tries to pray every day. He says the act of prayer changes him, referring to the writings of Christian author Oswald Chambers."

Here's a link to Roose's website. The Liberty University student interviews are really interesting.

1 comment:

TKB said...

I enjoyed reading the interview from your link...funny to hear our values discussed from that point of view...