Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Coldness is the Mother of Invention

Lately the temperature in my room has dropped. I have no control over the thermostat so I piled blankets on my bed. And then the temperature dropped again. But I was out of blankets. So I shiver for a while before going to sleep. I get warm after a bit, except for my hands and feet, which stay cold for much longer. I thought I might exercise before going to bed, which works, but when I get off work at 10:30 or 11:00pm, the last thing I want to do is go jog.
So here is my solution. Before I go to sleep, I set my laptop on the end of my bed - it's sitting there now, as I blog. When I crawl into bed I have a nice pre-warmed spot for my feet. It's sort of like having a puppy, except the laptop can be used to communicate with nearly anyone on the planet, and it's not cuddly.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. =) I have spoken to the powers that be. We'll see what happens! (I usually sit the laptop on top of me for a while.)

Ike said...

I like to think I can communicate with nearly anyone on the planet with my puppy. The talk button is located on its nose...
Okay, so I don't have a puppy. But there are these squirrels...

Alanna said...

How resourceful - you're turning green on us Mel. ;)

TKB said...

Hmm...that's a thought, but considering that I'm the owner of a desktop I foresee some complications.

Issa said...

I have chickens. They don't communicate. They're not cuddle or warm. Anyone need some eggs?

Ike said...

I do!
Need eggs, that is.