Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Here's the scoop, Shmitty

Amy inspired this blog. She said she'd been checking my blog, and I realized that I hadn't posted in a while. So thanks, Amy. I miss you!

Here's what's been happening with me.
  • I suppose the big news is that I've been applying for teaching jobs. Everyone says it's a horrible time to look for a job, and I've had a lot of doubts and fears. But I'm pretty sure God has a plan for good (and not evil) so your prayers would be appreciated while He and I sort this out.
  • The tulips in the yard just did this, pretty amazing, eh?:
  • Yesterday, I went to the laundromat. Does the change machine make anyone else feel like they won the lottery? You try and try to get the thing to accept your crumpled $5 bill, and when it finally does, you feel all triumphant. My roommate seemed a little embarrassed when I yelled, "I won!" as the change poured out.
  • Recently, Sam and I went to a pet store to pet puppies. I decided I did not like chinchillas, but I did love this lil girl:
  • For Easter Sunday I went to Kentucky and visited my Huff family. While celebrating the resurrection of our Lord, we also celebrated Grandpa's birthday.
  • I love being able to read what I like, instead of what professors think I should. Here's what I read in the last couple weeks:
  • Still working at the hospital. Lately it's been steady and uneventful - as uneventful as the ER ever is.
  • Daddy and Mom and Rosie and Davy came to see me on Friday. They didn't bring the puppies. But we had fun anyway.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa.....it's me:)

Thanks so much for today's blog posting just for me (LOL)!! I am truly honored.

I would love to call you, but I don't know what time of day is best for you. Just e-mail me, and I will call whenever is best for you, OK? I miss you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

I love you, Sweetie.
Amy.


I must get caught up on all the gossip.

Christy said...

Thanks for that post! I am graduating in May and everyone tells me the same thing. In fact the RN position that I thought I had is not there anymore. I have been struggling with it the last few weeks. Your post spoke to me...I too am sure that God has a spot just for me. I will keep you in my prayers. Say one for me if you think of it.

Alanna said...

Hey Mel. I love reading your blog. And I will be praying for you that God opens the right door at the right school at the right time! I can't wait to get with you and see your apartment! And your book choices look good (especially the next to last book ;]). Love ya!