Wednesday, March 2, 2011

General Observations



Something I've learned about my gender: Most women live in a perpetual state of public or private wedding planning. Nearly all women are ready to jump into a conversation about wedding planning at any given moment. If the girl is eight she may say "I want a biig white dress, and pink flowers..." and if she is 17 she'll say "I really want a destination wedding on the beach or somewhere..." And if she is already married, she's ready to help plan anyone's wedding... her sister, daughter, granddaughter, co-worker or random stranger on the bus.I think this is positive, it's something all women can bond over and there's too much dissonance in the world already.

Something I've noticed about myself: When I work at the hospital I tend to treat people differently depending on what they are holding. For instance: jar of candy. I'm all politeness and sweetness. But if someone walks up clutching a bloody rag, I'm usually rather alarmed. If they are holding a specimen cup, I'm very distant as if to say "Don't even think of trying to give that to me".

And for the finale, a great question of the universe: Why is there never strawberry yogurt at the grocery store when I'm shopping? I know it exists, I've eaten it before. But strawberry yogurt must be in the same place as the great majority of the universe's socks and pens.

No comments: