Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy Holiday

I went for a holiday yesterday since both me and Sam had off work and school simultaneously (which never happens).

Part one: Apartment shopping. Which isn't technically a holiday activity, but ended up being a lot of fun. It never has been before because it brings to mind all my dread of moving. But this time I'm really excited.

Part two: Subway. I really love those subway cards! Free food is awesome.

Part three: Hubble Imax. We watched this because Sam is fascinated with outer space. It was really interesting. It's one of those movies that leaves you with your mind blown at how big God is. Also it answers some of those nagging astronaut questions.

Part four: Tennis. Really good tennis weather. About fifty degrees so you run around and feel warm but not hot and sweaty. Our favorite court was unfortunately being used. What's with all the athleticism? I thought Americans were lazy and obese. You wouldn't think so for as hard as it is find an open tennis court. But we did find one and a good time was had by all.

Part five: Dinner. Made a cheese broccoli bake. It was... ok. Sam called it "Broccoli cheese surprise." It's too bad I don't have the money to order take-out continually. Cooking isn't my thing. Sam made some really good chicken, though, so we didn't starve.

Part six: Inception. I finally watched it. My overall impression was that it was good and interesting and novel. I'm pretty sure they were inconsistent in a few places, but who's to say for sure. One thing I noticed: Is it just me, or does Leo DiCaprio spend and above average amount of his acting career soaking wet? And don't you just hate that, when you're dragging people into your dreams and encounter a hostile subconscious?

No comments: