After manie daies and misgiuings concerning the great length of the class period, and after much preparation, in frensie and fun, Melissa went foorth and tavght her first class in this wise. Vpon arrival she fovnd that the class period was cvt in twainne, and perceiuing she could not couer all material, she was made to choose betwixt portions of her lesson planne. Finalie she was decided to haue the students read Act I of [as one might assume] Macbeth, and deuote the rest of the time to frvitvl discvssion. She reflects deeplie and profovndlie in her head, vnable to know how uell she reallie did. Yet, thovgh she is vndecided on her success, she was greatlie impressed with the vtterences of her students, and verie much enjoyed getting to know them better. She loued reading the answeres her woorthie students pvt on their homewoorke. She is glad to know she can do all things throvgh Christ who strengthens her.
*Holinshed's Chronicles were one of Shakespeare's sources as he wrote Macbeth. His (Holinshed's) spelling is verie funne. If you read Holinshed aloud, you'll realize it's nearly impossible to do so without some kind of accent. I prefer Scottish.
5 comments:
Vut can I say? I jeust enjoyed rheading it. I rheally read most of it in a German akcent, althowgh you're right aboot a little Scottish tere.
Just curious about how long it took to type it in "Holinshed" style? :) Verie fvn!
S. I like how you flawlessly slipped from one accent to the other
A. It took... maybe 15 minutes? Could have been twenty. Are you insinuating I was wasting time? :p
ευχαριστεω. ει αγαθος διδασκαλος.
(Thank you. You are a good teacher.)
Nice. I just read it in my head, but I think I sounded something like a mentally retarded swede!
Post a Comment