Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Filling in my Planner

"All done." I sigh. I skim January and February. The poor pages of my planner are lavished with ink. Yesterday the pages were white like December snow. Now they look as if a coal furnace was installed somewhere in the planner. Black grimy smudges on sad lingering snow.
I glance at the upcoming months. The lightness of the pencil marks encourages me after the insistent heaviness of ink scrawlings. March and April are too crowded. I pause on the May pages. Clean stainless pages, like the cumulus clouds I hope to see on Memorial Day. Just thin black lines to represent peaceful nights of sleep, between beautifully empty square days. And then I have the urge to lift the pages to my nose, for they must smell of spring.

5 comments:

Ike said...

Good bit o' writing!

I love the parallelism.

May(,) it then come soon.

Sam said...

Please pencil me in. I'd like to be incorporated into your schedule. Maybe we could hang out sometime?

Stanton said...

When all else fails - look to June and July. :)

Lil Joe... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lil Joe... said...

I THINK PLANNERS ARE HORRIBLE VILE LITTLE CREATURES THAT SHOULD BE DESTROYED AT ONCE! ok... just kidding...

Please pencil me in for a lovely spring picnic or holiday